Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

So far a good day...

In typical Iowa fashion, it's freakishly cold today after a couple of days of nice warm weather. You can go from wearing shorts one day to actually having to wear a hoody and jeans to keep warm. Oh well, enough of my cold weather banter.

It's been a good day so far for me. I got caught up reading Proverbs again after falling behind and falling asleep :) I get frustrated when that happens, at the same time I feel like my life can turn into just reading, reading, reading (ranging from school, school, school). You can tell that I am not a big fan of school but it's just that I don't believe in how the education system works in the US. In other news God continues to do SO MANY things for me even when I know I do not deserve it. I received a letter from Financial Aid and it said that I received another scholarship for Fall and Spring for my last academic year. I don't know if I had it before but it's $2,500 for each semester so it seems like I won't have to take out too many loans for next year for the third year in a row. For all my friends out there, I am living proof that God does remember our prayers and He WILL handle and take care of our needs. It's the second time in the past 2 months that financial aid notifies me of such good news and I appreciate the extra money (it's what allowed me to afford the trip to Canada, tuning up my car, gas, etc) and it's getting me by well so far.

I got a package today in the mail from my mom with our favorite type of bread!!! Yes, yes I got 3 boxes of Matzos along with a card from my parents congratulating me on baptism, my beloved 100th anniversary Yankee cap, the best chocolate in the world (Yay for Nutella right Annette? :)), and a cool reversible belt (it's brown and black and it's the same one Adam bought in Milwaukee and I was thinking of getting. Moms are great in knowing the needs of their children :)). So my mom sent me different types of Matzos even though I've told her for the past 15+ years that I like the plain ol' Matzos the best. I don't care too much for the grape, egg, and different flavored kind...I like them crispy and plain but I guess she's trying to get me to broaden my horizons. Oh well, I guess I'll give them a shot this year and see if they are any good.

Hooray for a great day so far!!! It obviously hasn't sunk in yet that I'll probably have to stay up all night studying for my History class which focuses on science, technology, and public culture in Europe. The test is focusing on the impact of totalitarian regimes on science in the 20th century (specifically Nazi Germany and Stalin Russia). Oh the joy of an all-nighter :) (this is where Jon would insert a Camerican joke that only the nerrdy crew would understand :)) Awesome day so far, hopefully I'll be able to post again later tonight

3 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

MARTIN! That's awesome!!! I can't believe you got *another* scholarship. (Something is very wrong with the world... ;)) Congratulations! You've had such amazing blessings lately.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Desiree said...

Martin-
I most certainly agree with your feelings on the education system of the US. It defintiely is not what it should be. Gotta keep trucking on, though...

And I didn't know they have grape matzos??

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Grape matzos? That seems a little wrong.

And congrats on getting baptized. Thanks a for telling me! :p

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home