Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Frustated Already

So tonight I decided to play some basketball since I had absolutely nothing to do. So at 9 I changed and walked over to the student parking lot since I left my basketball in the car and after I went and got it I headed off to the State Gym since it's literally the building next to the one I live in. To my surprise a bunch of curry-smelling Indians are playing the most physically challenging sport known to man: badminton. The thing is, they're hogging the whole gym and causing quite a stench. So I head off to Beyer Hall which is across the street from State Gym and they have nice courts as well but of course they're resurfacing the floor so that means nobody can play there. My last attempt is to walk 15 minutes to the Rec Center where they have innumerable basketball courts and they're open until midnight. As I approach the Rec Center I remember that I left my Student ID card in my room (since I didn't need it to get into State Gym which is where I originally wanted to go) and they won't let you into the Rec without your card. Of course I go in and they ask me for my card and I say I didn't have it with me but I knew my card number, I offered my SS number....anything just to shoot hoops for an hour or so. Of course they won't let me so I walk 15 minutes back to where I live and it's already 9:40 or so ad I haven't played at all. So I attempt to go into State Gym again knowing that they close at 10 and it's still smellin' like curry sauce...nasty smell I tell you. So I'm only able to dribble around for maybe 15 mins and then the lights go off. What a crappy deal. Why in the world can't the Rec accept my card number as proof that I am a student? Why are smelly foreigners clogging up the State Gym already at the beginning of the moving in process? Thus it is why I feel this way. Can't even let the guy paying an exhorbitant amount of money shoot some hoops to get his mind off of things. Anyways, 3 post in one day...I feel like I've got a lot of catching up to do :) Good night to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home