Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Best.Sping.Holy.Days.Ever. :)

WOW! I knew that the spring Holy Days were going to be a great thing after a couple of difficult months in every sense of the word. It was my first Passover and I knew it was going to be a solemn and somber occassion but I didn't think of how it would hit me until it actually happened. I started to really understand and feel Christ's sacrifice when the bread was being broken. I could then sense exactly the body of Christ being broken through the beating He took when he was betrayed. I was nervous too about the footwashing and all but it went well, I made sure my toenails were clipped ;)
So we had services where we normally have them in Des Moines and it was awesome. We got a special rate to stay Saturday night so most of us did and had Night To Be Much Observed at sunset in the room we meet in. Kim visited for the weekend with her two sisters and we had some good conversation all weekend. We had about 3 hours in between the end of services and beginning of NTBMO so Ann, Kim, and I did a beer run for the weekend and then just talked and chilled until 8ish :) The dinner was awesome as all Church potlucks are and I must say that I stuffed myself with the best food that loving and caring hands can make :) I ate so much that I couldn't eat sweet unleavened cake afterwards but it was all good, YAY for Church potlucks!!! We then proceeded to change into swim trunks so that we could enjoy the jacuzzi. I especially was going to treat myself to it because I had a stressful week and wanted to relax for the weekend and it was wonderful.
I cannot complain about the weekend and the beginning of God's Holy Day calendar. First Passover experience, great NTBMO dinner and time spent with brethren, great girl and wonderful conversations with the girl...Life is good and I knew that the Holy Days would make things better (not only for me but for other people). This is the last week of classes and then finals week and I would be done for about 3 months!!! YEAH!!! You know that the Truth is how we do! :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, there is moer to NTBMO than the food. I learned that this year. I had a great wekend despite less than impressive food at a restaurant. And yeah, first Passover...good stuff, huh? I think Summer said it best when she said she doesn't want any of it to become just another routine, and doesn't want it to get old. She wants to keep all that excitment and zeal for God and Christ. Couldn't agree more.

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Martin said...

Oh of course there's more to NTBMO than the food. I also learned that this year because I think it was my first Passover and the whole experience of that. I know I will make sure that I keep my zeal towards God and His Truth and I pray that all of us can do so continually and hold on to it. I agree with both of you on that :)

P.s. Although there is more to the food, I enjoy it thoroughly due to the fact that I go starving for about 10 months of the year :)

6:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm not accusing on the food. Few love it more than me. It was just my insight for the day.
And hey, I saw the last few seconds of sports highlights after work: Twins won, cool. A-Rod has 3 HR, one is a GS, which equals 10 RBI. Apparently he was just kind of storing it up.

8:54 PM

 
Blogger Martin said...

Which means Heykoop kills me on Fantasy baseball because he has A-Rod and singlehandedly drove in more runs in one night than my entire team has in 3 days. Oh well, I'll keep riding Santana and Prior :)

P.s. I know you ain't hatin' on the food :) I appreciate the Kerrman's insight

10:10 PM

 
Blogger Josh K said...

Do you have Johann Santana? That dude is STILL hot.

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home