Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Nos fuimos pai

Nothing like staying up late the night before heading out for the Feast road trip to get the excitement going. I did pack most of my things on Sunday but I left the dress clothes for last so they would be less wrinkly when I get to Colorado. This is going to be some kind of Feast, and I mean that in a positive way :)
Today started with some weird events happening around me. Quite scarring and if you care to know I'd gladly share the story in person but not in the blogosphere. We had our 1st playoff game for intramural football so that was on my mind for most of the day. I felt quite pumped and determined that we were going to pull out all the stops to win. Lo and behold, we played a pretty complete game as a team. Good solid defense along with some opportunistic offense allowed us to play with confidence.
I don't know what happened but we were just flying to the ball. I think we all played the best game we've played since we started doing intramurals the past 4 years :) I did pretty well quarterbacking, running around, getting some good passes out to my guys and I had 2 interceptions on defense. The second interception was the sweetest one because it was at the opponents goal line and I caught the ball one handed before it touched the ground and ran it back for what seemed like half the field. Apparently one of my teammates completely annihilated some guy on a block so they brought the ball back but it sealed the game. We didn't throw interceptions, played within ourselves and came out with the win. Not too bad for a team that lost all three preseason games. Too bad Mike and I leave tomorrow for the Feast and we won't be able to play the next game on Monday. Hopefully the rest of the team will hold down the fort and who knows, we might play deeper into the playoffs.
Now that I've ranted about our sport accomplishments, I have to say that I probably overpacked like no other for this Feast. It seems like it will be nice on the weather front in Colorado but you also have to prepare just in case it turns nasty. Plus, I've got some nice clothes I want to show off so I packed those in too. Too many dress shirts, probably too many "nice" going out shirts and a disproportionate amount of ties. Add it up and there's not enough days for the amount of clothes but I'm prepared :)
I pray everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip to the respective Feast site they will be attending. For those of you going to Colorado, I'll see you there on Friday! You guys ready? I sure am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home