Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Here's to a solemn Sabbath and a helpful fast

Well after another undesirable week of school I am very glad that the Sabbath is here. It's been a somewhat tiring and not really exciting week so the fact that it's over and it means I'll be done in 4 weeks makes me very, very happy. Well for those who are interested the midterm wasn't too bad although I wish I would have studied more than what I did. It was an essay exam and it was mostly based on this book that I was supposed to have read the past couple of weeks. Actually we were supposed to have been reading it over spring break and the ensuing weeks of class but obviously things changed and it took me a while to get back "into the swing of things." It's a history class that is based on science, technology, and public culture in Europe 1500s-present and it's pretty cool actually. The professor is awesome and makes sure that we've got as much information on the handouts he gives us during the class and is genuinely a nice guy. He's even almost extra careful and goes completely out of his way to help us out. Needless to say, I wish more of my professors were like that. He's getting the best evaluation from me whenever we have to fill out those teacher evaluations at the end of the semester.

Well the Sabbath is here and it's an important one with the fast that we are doing. It's something that I think we all agree has to be done because of the recent events that happened and the need for us to lean on God during these trying times. I still don't understand why such an event had to happen and why certain things in my life and in the lives of my closest friends the way they did. So many little pieces moved around so that our lives and things changing completely right before the events in Milwaukee happened and that probably brings more confusion to my already stressed out and confused Puerto Rican mind. I think Annette posted like the short story of how things played out in her blog (it's in the March archives I think) and to see how certain things worked out it's perplexing. Why me, why us, why did all this happen the way it did are probably the things that go through my mind the most along with all the other confusing stuff that happens in my every day life. Let's just say that there is never a dull moment in this life of mine and I'm interested to see what God has in store. Like Annette said in her blog the other day, so many things were being planned and the same way that God made things happen beforehand, He's changed plans again afterwards and I'm left to think a lot during the day. Yeah, it's not good when I'm thinking all day because it just leaves me in this state of confusion, perplexion, sadness at times, loneliness....oh well though, it's just something where i guess I try to brush it off and do my best. I am human though and it's hard to deal with the emotions of the situation at hand. This fast though will be good for me and for all of us in the Church as we strive to draw close to God and have Him heal the wounds and have us learn the lessons He wants us to learn from this. It's not easy to deal with all of this but if we ask more of His Holy Spirit and we strive to do what's right in our lives He'll be there to answer our questions and provide us with what we need.

Anyways, that's enough for my "does not make any sense blog" which I decided to do at 1am. That's probably a little insight as to why I may have named my blog after a Green Day (which by the way is an incredible song). I'm not the eternally depressed individual who just listens to the sad songs, I just think their song kinda describes my life a little bit. I've been blessed though beyond anything I ever deserve. I should focus more on that than everthing else that crumbles around me. Hmmm, if I only actually tried to do that more I think I'd be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home