Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Yankees, women, and macs

Hmmm, I really should have posted yesterday since it was a better day than usual. The reason the day was better than usual was because the Yankees beat the Red Sox 5-2 last night. It isn't the fact that the Yankees beat the Red Sox that made it a good day but it was the fact that they beat Curt Schilling in his first start of the season. Plus the Yankees finally seemed like they brought their bats for this season and everybody (except A-Rod) got a hit and shellackled Schilling into an early night. They play again tonight (I'm watching it as I post) and they just blew the first call of the game with a non-tag out. I mean, seriously the first baseman didn't even apply the tag on Womack as he was running to first base and they still called him out. I mean, the throw was off and the tag didn't even occur yet the umpire is blind enough to call him out. Blah, I hate this all Red Sox hurrah about them finally winning the World Series and everybody jumping on their bandwagon. It's pathetic and they get help from the umpires and they have the most pathetic and whiny fans in the history of sports. I'm tired of hearing about the Red Sox, their fans, their futility, their moronic lifestyles, their bad hairdos...that was last year and now it's 2005 and it's a new season. Let's get on with it.

So fantasy baseball is going well for me so far. I have to say that I got pretty lucky with the type of players I was able to get. I mean, I completely rearranged the pre-draft order because I didn't like how some players were rated and I went with who I knew could produce. I didn't even participate in the draft but I got 3 of the top 10 pitchers in the league and a bunch of great hitters and I have flexibility for trading and maybe improving a bit. I'm 6-3-1 right now and I'm leading 6-3 right now after trailing 8-0 on Monday (I love it when my guys destroy the competition) and it should get better with my pitchers improving and such. Not too bad and hopefully it'll continue. I'm up for putting some money on it but I don't know if everybody else would follow along. :)

So yesterday I had to meet with my partner for my Latino Politics paper which is focusing on Puerto Rican status and we decided to got to the computer lab in the tech center rather than the campus library. I didn't think twice about it when I saw her in front of the library and suggested to go there but she told me later on why she changed her mind. Apparently some freaky guy was looking all weird at her and staring at her and being the girl that she is she didn't want to be there anymore and waited for me in front of the library instead of inside of it. So we get to Durham (it's like where you get help with all the techie stuff) and used the computer lab there to do some research and I saw that there were Macs :( I was not very happy about the fact that we had to use Macs because they are the most annoying and complicated piece of technology that exists today. I have to agree with Summer's opinion on 'em and I would like to add some more thoughts of my own on them.

I was talking to Annette last night and I came up with something I believe is revolutionary. I was telling her this story about the Macs and I proceeded to say this: "Women are like Macs. They're complicated, you can't understand them, and they take forever to get going." Yes I know it's a horrible thing to say (especially the last part) but I thought it was something funny to go and say :) I immediately told her it was a classic that was going in my blog and I hope you guys are able to appreciate it as much as we both did :) Anyways, I hope I don't get massacred by the ladies for my quote but I hope it'll be ok in the end. All in good jest. Now back to the game and to a Yankee victory :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home