Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Beginning of the end

So after starting the first two days of class I must say that it wasn't as horrifying as I thought. I started off with 3 History classes (*shudders*), 1 Political Science class, and a LAS (Liberal Arts and Studies) class for a total of 15 credits. Actually I didn't really start out with that many classes but I was able to add the classes that I needed to fulfill my requirements. The 3 History classes I'm taking are: Moderm American Military History (oh yeah!), History of Mexico Since Independence, History of England from 1525-1700. The military history class is the one I am excited about because I have been trying to get into it for 2 years now and it's going to be awesome. Plus, the professor had me when he said we could make as much fun of the French as possible (can it get any better than that? I think not! :)) The other 2 history classes are going to be interesting because it's two entirely different countries with stark historical differences. Oh well, I like to say that I love challenges so it's going to be quite an uphill climb this semester with just those 3 classes.
I did attend my LAS 350 class which was going to focus on World History in the 20th Century but I knew it wasn't for me when the prof, who is an old California lady, product of UCLA (middle of la-la land), proclaimed herself a "liberal, proud of it, part of a movement that gave the U.S. its civil rights, women rights, etc, and that she was tired of the abuse that the right has done." I'm not joking people, that was word for word what she said. Plus she asked if there was anyone from Texas because she doesn't understand why Texans think they're so great plus she is not very impressed with the current crop of Texans running the White House. So yeah, I basically left that class and went to the computer lab to see if there was a Political Science class that I could take instead of that because there is no way I can survive a course like that. Those of you who know me know that I cannot stand liberalism, their lies, their propaganda and everything they stand for (or lack to stand for).
I went to the computer lab in the Political Science department and found this course which focuses on International Security Policy which deals with the theory behind decision making, diplomacy, coerced diplomacy and all that jazz. So I ran up the 5 flight of stairs to talk to my advisor to see if the prof for that class had a good rep and all and she said he was awesome and it would serve me well if I wanted to choose that type of career or if I went to grad school. So I thanked her for her time and then went back down the 5 flight of stairs and added that class and dropped the liberal from California's class which would do me no good. So basically now I have 3 History classes and 2 Political Science courses for this semester. Probably my most challenging semester so far but I have to take at least 3 history classes because I needed 6 classes between this semester and next to fulfill all my history requirements. I think I'll only need one more Political Science course after this semester and the rest will take care of itself.
I'll need 18 credits next semester (as full of a load as anyone can get) in order to graduate on time but it's doable. I know it'll be hard but I think I can do it and I'll make sure I graduate on time next May (YAY!). Now the panicking is about what I am going to do after graduation. Is it going to be grad school or job for me?? Where am I going to live, work, etc...I know the key is not to stress out because God will work it out :) That's the biggest relief I have right there, that God will show me the way that I should go...I just hope He shows me soon :)

Now I should seriously take some initiative and start reading for some of my history classes...but of course that's what tomorrow's for :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home