Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Rebirth of an Administration

Well the KC Weekend came and went and it was incredibly fulfilling and enjoyable. Once again it felt like a mini-Feast condensed in one weekend. It is becoming THE event to attend if you didn't get to spend the Feast with your friends. A lot of hard work went into it and I am grateful for those who made it happen.

The weekend was wonderful in all areas. I enjoyed the Bible Study and seeing people from all over the country coming for this one weekend. A group of us went to Applebee's on Friday night and had a grand ole time catching up with friends, singing along, dancing and referring to the War on Terror. Richard Pomicter and I served as chaffeurs for the weekend although he did more of the driving in my car than I did. The Sabbath started off wonderfully as we picked up two of this administration's sympathizers for brunch at IHOP. Needless to say, it was great to spend time with God's people and have meaningful conversation with them. We arrived at services and it was as hard to find seats as it was in Copper Mountain. I wasn't expecting to see almost 500 people attend a regional weekend. The sermon was given by Dr. Winnail and he brought up some great points on what guys and girls expect out of each other as well as what healthy families practice. It will go a long way if we start applying those lessons on a daily basis.

After services there was a massive potluck but surprisingly I was not hungry and did not eat. I think it surprised a lot of people that I was saying no to food. I enjoyed the dancing though, especially to the salsa songs I recommended. It's always a good time to bust out my Latin moves which I don't do nearly enough. It's the strongest hand this administration has so it was enjoyable to get out there and dance :)

We did the afterparty thing at the Hayden's with the other 50 people who were there. High times that night for the regime since there were great conversations with wonderful people involved. I think I went to bed at around 4am and woke up the next day pumped about the sports. I played with Jason, Juan and Chris and we played fairly well together. We played Josh's team twice and those were fun games. I think the most intense game was the one we played against the "LCG" team with the shiny jerseys. Great game all around and some good basketball was played. Unfortunately we lost one game but hopefully better planning will go in for next year since the brackets kinda fell apart after awhile.

New Years was spent at many different locations: at the Keesee's to watch Hitch (one of my favorite movies), at the bowling alley, a brief stop at Fox & Hound (I got a free beer out of it), and then Richard Olson's place. Great times all around and it was sad to see everybody go.

It seems that in spite of the Democratic takeover of Congress there is still a will to fight the War that is before us. These are dark times for the Jedi but as long as we're standing we can overcome the obstacles set before us. The sympathizers seem to be numbering up but we need greater and more emphatic support. We're still relevant, alive and kickin'.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I'm interested in seeing how Pelosi handles her new responsibilities.

7:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martinez... about that "rebirth"... mooshoo.

1:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home