Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Ok so not everything can be perfect

Wow, two post about 5 hours apart so I'm doing pretty good today :) Well Randy Johnson decided to pitch like a 42 year-old bum instead of the stud he usually is and the Yankees lost tonight. I was only able to watch the first 5 innings or so up to 7:45 because I had this public lecture that I could attend for extra credit for not one but TWO classes :) You know I have to take advantage of things like that plus it was going to be about "The Soviet Union Dissolved...Maybe Not." I must say that it was pretty interesting hearing from someone who had visited the Soviet Union before, has visited Russia and the surrounding states and one of his books was actually used as a textbook for my post-Soviet politics class last spring. I thought that was so cool and now I wish I actually read the book last spring when I could have, hehehe.

Well the guest lecturer's name was Dr. Kotkin and he spoke for about 45 minutes and was quite humorous during his talk. He spoke on the fact that even though the Soviet Union dissolved there was still a very strong sense of "sovietism" and "sovietness" in the republics that emerged from it. Even though there was supposed to be profound change things are still very much the same in how those countries run. It was interesting nonetheless and I liked hearing what he was saying.

Well I guess it was an ok day but the Yanks lost 8-5 because A-Rod is sucking big time in run-producing opportunities. Honestly A-Rod, you're making about $25 million a year and you're starting off just as bad as last year and you're choking big time against the Yankees arch-rivals and not really earning your keep. Blah to him and to Randy Johnson tonight for basically giving the game to the Red Sox tonight. Oh well, the next time they play is around Memorial Day weekend so there's calm and rest now. Oh and what is up with the stupid Red Sox fan took a swipe at Gary Sheffield? Stupidity once again exemplified tonight with a stupid fan. Anyways, we'll be waiting for them at the "House That Ruth Built" :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

GO RED SOX!

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I feel you re the Curse of the Bambino. At least the curse of the goat is still alive in Wrigley.

2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like hockey.


--guess who

7:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home