Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Kosher Rant

The worst part of starting school again is the fact of all the stinkin' temptation surrounding a poor Puerto Rican like me. I think Cassie Fritts put it best when we were in Mackinac Island on for the biking trip, "the hoochies are out today!" That's exactly how it is here on campus, all you're able to see is a miniskirt here, a miniskirt there, hot pants here and another pair over there...it's horrible I tell you. As a guy I'm always trying to fight the lust of the eyes and these girls dressing like hoochies/skanks/whores (insert appropiate term here) does not help any guy think of women in a positive way. Some women wonder why guys only view them as sex objects? Have they seen themselves in the mirror before they leave for classes? I mean, these women have "Sex" or "Sleep With Me" written on their foreheads. No wonder there's no more respect for the opposite sex anymore in this society, they dress up (more like dress down) so that they can get something that is only special in a marriage relationship.
I'm glad that the girls I know in the Church are modest in what they wear. I mean that because it shows that they have a respect for themselves and are willing to keep their brothers thinking clean thoughts :) That's always important too because if the ladies are showing off what God blessed them with then she's building a bad reputation. Again, thank you to all the ladies in the Church who exemplify modesty. A big stamp of approval on that :)
Well that was my big holier than thou rant for the day. It was just something that had been on my mind since the beginning of the school year. Like Kerr said, "if you gotta put your hand so that it does not show your underwear it means you're a skank." If only they would listen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh K said...

Skanks at college? NO WAY!

10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home