Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

This Is Your Bay Of Pigs

Today was a pretty good day overall. For some reason my professors were all about life lessons and giving advice for all of us. So the day starts off with my Journalism 101 lecture and my prof talking about books and reading and how impacting it can be in your life. Keep in mind that there are about 200+ students in class and he goes on about how we should search for someone who reads, if we take anything from the class he told us to look for a mate that reads. Here are the following quotes:
"There is nothing sexier than a well-read woman (or man)." "Find someone that is a reader and you will find youself an intellectually stimulating person."

Simply put, amazing. He was telling us to go out there and look for a person who reads, who can carry on a conversation, be knowledgeable...it was one of the best lectures I've been a part of during my collegiate career. Then there was my dance class with my instructor giving us an oath that we shall "spread the message and dance about freely" or something to that extent. She also made some mention of life lessons and how to cope with some stuff. Overall, it was a pretty good day.

So I'm notoriously behind on my schoolwork but the rest is going well. Working out is really going well, I'm feeling stronger and better every day. I went to the gym to shoot some basketball and found that my body was pretty sore and movement was limited. Good thing our game isn't till Thursday night, I should be rested up by then. I missed the State of the U tonight by our Prez, I was stuck in my 3 hour Middle East class. It was worth it though because the professor said that some of my analysis were dead-on with what's going on in the world. I left a little bit early so I could catch The Shield. I'm telling you the 5th Season is jam-packed with action, plot-twists, and everything in between.

I have been chattin' up the phone line a lot the past couple of nights. I will have to thank my good ol' buddy Jon (and our immense overanalyzations) and the coolest person I know. Too bad she's way over in California :) Of course I'm talking about Desiree and I don't know how but somehow our conversations just last a long time. It's pretty fun though since we talk about almost everything going on in life and apparently I am suave guy. I dunno about that but I'll definitely take the props :) I am definitely glad that I went to KC for the costume ball this past year. It opened up the line of communication with people that I had not talked to extensively before. It's pretty cool to be able to do that although I am stuck with too many classes and too much work to be able to call everybody I want.

Anyways, that's all for tonight. I hope tomorrow is just as good of a day and that I learn more than just textbook material :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

What's this?? A shout out from my favorite Puerto Rican?

I feel cool.

There is little sexier than a well-read man. And it's been my personal experience that dating a guy who doesn't read IS dull. So boys-- start reading! Because I'll think you're hot if you do!

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home