Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Midnight ramblings

It's after midnight and I'm sweaty, tired, sore...all wonderful qualities that I want to be feeling at this time of the night....

We had our first intramural game on Thursday night at 11pm. It's a late start to the game but there's no conflict of class or work schedules to worry about. We played pretty well, Jake had the hot hand from outside and we had our big guys down low playing big time. Our defense was pretty good and once we built the big lead early on we controlled the game. I played ok, my shots were touching every part of the rim except the bottom of it, but I played some pretty good defense. A couple of steals, a block, a handful of rebounds...I like doing the dirty work. I have to be able to make my shots go in though, it'll help fulfill the purpose of the game :) All in all, a good night and winning always makes the soreness feel a whole lot better. Oh and good refs too, they were pretty good for the most part.

Hmmmm, I took almost a three hour nap after dinner tonight because I was dead tired and even though I am tired from playing basketball, I am not tired in the sense of getting some sleep. I have also fallen behind on my class readings (which is notorious of me) and I feel like I can maybe do some Bible study and then do some school reading for the next couple of hours. Of course a shower would help and would make me feel better too...

Ahhhh, the midnight ramblings which lead to nowhere...How I have missed thee. Just as I left Beyer Hall I realized that I left my basketball at the gym. Of course I had just gotten out the door and with the time being close to midnight it meant that the doors were locked and I could not get back in. I hope they put it somewhere safe and I can reclaim it tomorrow morning when I go there for weightlifting tomorrow.

That reminds me I have to make a logbook of all the exercises we have done so far. I don't think I remember them all, but since I know everybody in the class is in the same predicament I'll get there early so we could all help each other out :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so it sounds like you had a pretty good b-ball game :) Probably becuase you didn't have some girl trying to knock you out half way through ;)

ps. I think I might acutally be getting better... my head now only hurts when I walk around as opposed to all the time :)

Happy sabbath :)

2:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home