Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Back Home

It's great to be back home!!! The traveling was pleasant, there were no delays and my luggage got here with no problems! Yeah, score one for the Puerto Rican ;)

I got to KC at about 8:30 last night and it wasn't too bad of a drive, except that I kept falling asleep and wrecked about 10 times. Yeah, the 6 hours of sleep along in 3 days finally caught up to me. I got to the hotel fine and then proceeded to order 2 large Papa John's pizzas because I hadn't eaten anything all day. The guy took an hour to bring the pizza and I am proud to say I almost ate 2 large pizzas by myself, lol. Yeah pretty crazy, along with the Fresh Prince all night marathon on Nick at Nite...beautiful stuff I tell you.

So my flights went well, even my brief stop in O'Hare airport. I assume they finished all the construction in the airport because it was looking quite spiffy. I slept through most of the flight from Chicago to PR, grabbed a blanket so I wouldn't freeze to death. The awesome part is getting to Puerto Rico, grabbing my luggage, coming out and getting picked up by my Mom and brother.

We headed off to Grandma's house to eat some good ol' rice and beans with some good beef and fried plantains. Yummy stuff! Grandma's still going strong and telling me she'll beat me up if I misbehave...gotta love Grandma (she's almost 80 now but she still packs quite a punch, lol!). Then Mom, Carlos, and I headed home and said hi to Dad and start unpacking and all that jazz. I called Mario because he told me that as soon as my feet touch the house's floor I had to call him. So I called and he came over so we could go and play pool somewhere. I called Coral too cause she wanted to come over and say hi but no one answered the phone. Oh well, Mario and I made it a great night! I played one good game, and one mediocre one but I lost both but it was all good. One of our friends from high school came by too so it was fun catching up and not worrying about school, tests, finals, grades and all things associated with Satan...I mean, education ;) (Although I feel your pain Annette)

It was a great first night back home. It's almost 1am so I'm going to shower (gotta love the smell of pool playing bars, lol), get some sleep because I have a date with the chiropractor tomorrow (yay!), and a wonderful afternoon date with the dentist :)

Thanks all of you guys for the upbeat messages and all that support while going through the craziness of finals. I'll see most of you in KC, and some I'll be seeing sooner than that :) I hope to post some pictures as the days go by. Oh and did I mention that a Saturday night is a terrible thing to waste, lol :) Yeah baby, party city :P

1 Comments:

Blogger Galaxia Alpha said...

Hey Martin! Great seeing you again in KC! Where's your post KC Weekend update? I demand one! ;-P

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home