Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cool Day Indeed

Not a bad way to celebrate my 22nd year on this nice earth :) Thank you to everybody who sent a note wishing me a good day. It was very thoughtful of you guys (I think part of the credit should go to facebook as well for putting out the reminder, lol). It was a great day...by far the best b-day I've had in the states. It's always hard to be away from family but it was cool nonetheless.

Part of the reason is that I have realized that this is my last semester of college. Apparently that is huge news and I need to start thinking on what to do after college since I would be an "expert" in my field of study. My Mom, Dad, and Grandma all sent me a huge box with some of the coolest things ever. The heartwarming letters were the best though, I was on the verge of tears because of what they wrote (yep, it's that whole "wearing my emotions on my sleeve" thing). All I have ever wanted to accomplish was to make my family proud of my achievements and to a larger extent, live a good enough life that God can tell me at the end, "you've done well son." It doesn't really matter how I achieve those goals, the important thing was to make it happen. I hope I am able to because those two things mean more than any of the material things that this fragile life holds.

So my family sent me an incredibly AWESOME jacket with the letters "NY" embroided on the left side. It's gray with carolina blue and it is absolutely cool. I also got these nice brown pinstriped pants that I want to wear to Church badly, along with two pairs of jeans, one black, the other blue. The cool thing about the jeans is that their names are Wrangler "Chaos". I thought it was hilarious because "chaos" would kind of describe my personality and college studying habits pretty well :) I also got like a massive supply of things needed for a happy life and the wonderful cash donation to the "poor Hispanic student fund" :) I miss my family badly though, it's been hardest this past trip. I can only remember it being this hard after my first semester in college. I guess I've realized how good I've had it and how thankful I am to God for the set of parents and the family He gave me. They have had a profound influence in my view of the world and who I am. You would have to come to Puerto Rico in order to understand. It's an open invitation...take advantage while you can ;)

Apparently college doesn't really care about my boasting of my 22nd year on this fine earth so it has proceeded to load up next week with 2 midterms which I have yet to buckle down and study for. It is not looking very bright but I should pick up the slack sometime tomorrow and this weekend. If not then I'm in trouble. Nothing like putting a little added pressure on myself to make success seem sweeter :) Anyways, I'm out like domestic programs in the new Bush budget :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home