Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Martinism of the day

Tonight I took my Politics in the Middle East midterm and it consisted of 30 questions. We basically wrote down everything in answering the questions. No multiple choice and a couple of annoying detailed questions that were a bit harder to answer than I expected. Anyways, one of the questions (I think it was the 3rd one) went like this: "In political science terms what does North and South mean/ refer to." As I read this I could not recall if we had discussed it in class so I skipped it and kept chuggin' along with the rest of the exam.

As I'm finishing the test I go back to the 3rd question and after much thinking I narrow it down to two possibilities. Option number 1: even though we are talking about Middle East politics I figure that in the world of political science "North and South" could be referring to the conflict in the U.S. Civil War. For some unknown reason I don't jot that down. Instead I decide to go biblical and answer that the North referred to the European continent and the South to the Muslim nations that battled each other during the wars of conquest/crusade/caliphate.

Ridiculous! I should get bonus points for being that creative ;) I know you guys will appreciate it more than my prof will, hehe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh K said...

I hate it when a question is that vague, and really all it's just the prof asking "What did I say during class that one day?"
Nice answer though :)

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home