Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Blunder of the most serious consequences!!! AHHHH!

Ok so basically today I have had the biggest scare of my collegiate academic career. I've known for a while that I have 3 papers due around the same time frame. I have two papers due that are with the same professor because I take U.S. Foreign Policy along with U.S. Latino Politics with her. There's another paper for another class which is about Marxist Rebellions and Revolutions. I know they are all due around the same time, especially the ones that are with the same prof. So I went to Omaha for the weekend and started preparing for this North Korean debate which I was assigned to (we were the first group and had the least time to prepare for it) and I was all worried about that and what my talking points were going to be that I completely ignored what the syllabus said. I got all dressed up with a dress shirt and tie, nice slacks and shoes for the debate, and to my surprise a bunch of people are turning in their papers. I ask around to figure out what was going on and they told me that the paper was due today and I think I started thinking some things that I can't repeat here. I could not believe that of all the days the paper had to be due it was due the day I was preparing for my debate and completely didn't even know when it was supposed to be turned in. I have basically kissed my A in the class goodbye because I have reviewed the syllabus and it says that "late submittels will suffer a grade penalty and might not be accepted." This is pathetic I tell you, I busted my butt the first part of the semester to start off with all A's in all my classes and now because of confusion/procrastination/different classes with same prof with research papers involved I am now done for the semester. Kiss the 4.0 goodbye and possibly the 3.5 because of this stupidity in my part. This is exactly what I didn't need but I guess I'll write something up tonight with the partner I can't work with because she sprained her ankle and we haven't communicated at all and I don't even know if my paper will be accepted. Here's to a long night...I think ordering pizza is in the order :) (I can always find a positive in something)

3 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Niiiice call, Martin :) Sounds like something I would do :) Good luck to you, young man. I will send some sweet incense up to heaven on your behalf :)

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Martin said...

I would gladly appreciate it Annette. Yeah, it's almost 3am right now and I just finished brushing up on the articles that I have to use for my paper. I think if I'm able to use the next 4 hours wisely I should be able to sneak it into her office along with a letter explaining the whole thing by 7am. Here's so to some great bsing and the ability to write on the Bush Doctrine effectively. *Bush face* with a worried facial expression :S

12:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the only one that's come to class prepared for the wrong assignment, don't feel too bad.

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home