Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

You make my liver quiver

If you're a true nerd and a fan of the best 90's show ever, you know that my subject line comes from Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel Air :)

Beautiful weekend I tell you, just plain beautiful! The social event of the end of summer/beginning of fall was amazing! Lisa Wilson and Ben Kreyer's wedding was wonderfully done, beautiful in every way, organized, fancy yet simple all at the same time. I'll admit I started crying during the wedding, what can I say I'm an emotional guy :) Plus, I consider Lisa as being an older sister and now she's married and it finally hit me! Mike and I got to help with the parking and greeting people for the wedding and we even got our picture taken too. I was just happy to help out in anything and it was great to see so many people from all over the place. There were people from a bunch of congregations like Omaha, Kansas City, Des Moines, Minneapolis, Virginia, Kentucky, Wisconsin...all over the place I tell you!
After the wedding of course there's the reception where people let loose and have tons of clean kosher fun :) Hey when there's a bar selling beer for a $1 at the reception, you know it's awesome!!! :) There was some good food but I was still a bit hungry afterwards but then the dancing started and that was a blast, at least for me. The music was a little bit of everything, country classics along with Goo Goo Dolls, Hoobastank, swing music, disco, funky dance music...great selection all around. I even put to use the moves I learned while at camp...yep I even did some polka (and I'm Puerto Rican which means I'm not supposed to do stuff like that :P). Loads of fun along with great conversation with people like Scott and Steven Bashes, Richard Pomicter, and a lot of people who were there.
So the wedding and all that fun stuff took up much of the weekend and I just acted lazy on Monday. Didn't do too much even though the school readings are piling up but I'm getting some of it done, just at a slow pace :) Oh I just remembered to mention that Mr. Monson's sermon on the Sabbath was wonderful. Josh already mentioned it and it was about overcoming which is what this Christian life is about. There will be good times but there will also be bad times and you have to put your reliance and trust in God that He will see you through, He will guide you, and even carry you through some of the most difficult times of your life. I've always had a saying and it goes like this, "Life is all about ups and downs, it's how you pick yourself up from the downs that matters most."
Anyways, I hope you guys had just as much of a great weekend as I did. Keep safe and I'll be talking to you guys later.

*Off to be productive for the day*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home