Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Burger King, Home of the Whopper What's Your Beef?

You know I have to start off my subject line with a reference from Fresh Prince! It's classic I tell you, classic! I think I'm going to start requesting my Feast gift to be every season of Fresh Prince on DVD, I can never get tired of watching that show even if I've seen an episode 50 times, which I have before and know every line :P

So I haven't blogged in a week and I'm gonna make this one kinda short since I have to go to class in a bit. I'll post some more tonight with more detail. We had our intramural flag football game yesterday and we had about 12 people on our team this time. We can play 7 at a time so we had people to sub in and out but I played the whole game cause I don't get too tired and I just like being on the field all the time :) I played receiver the whole game this time and caught a couple of passes and our only touchdown. The other team had only 6 on their side but basically had 3 good guys and 3 decoys. We played them close by playing some good defense but our offense was inconsistent. Since the QB gets rushed almost every play I was thinking of maybe lining up at QB for a couple of series to change the pace and scramble, run if the lane is open (which it was because the other team was playing a soft zone) or pass if the guy is open. After the game Jerad (our team captain and stud receiver) and I talked and said that I should have gotten in on a couple of plays at QB just to keep the defense off balance. Oh well, we still got plenty of games left plus these are like preseason while sorting out which teams should be in certain divisions. It's fun to play intramurals.

Oh and on a cultural note, I am going to be attending what I think is the second greatest musical in the world. Miss Saigon is going to be here in Ames this Saturday night and since I like the soundtrack and the storyline, I figured I should be educated and see the performance since it's like almost across the street from me. It's going to be great, I'm excited. It's the first real high quality musical I will be attending. So who knows, maybe I'll be able to see Phantom of the Opera in Broadway this summer or in the coming year :) More details later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Josh K said...

Wow, talk about spam.
Anyway, I'm glad to see other people blog about sports. Me like.

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home