Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Up in the mornin' girl and the DJ playin' that song now watcha gonna do?

Today I woke up all by myself without the help of my alarm. The only problem with that is the fact that I set my alarm up for 7:30 and I woke up at 9:15. My Int'l Security class starts at 9 so I had to put the pedal to the metal, put some jeans on (it's been chilly), skip brushing my teeth, and walk about 12 minutes across campus. I would have skipped the class entirely but since attendance is required and I'm already missing 3-4 classes while at the Feast I figured I should at least go and sign in :)

On a positive note, our flag football game was rescheduled to this next Wednesday. It had been originally set for Tuesday but guess what. It's the Feast of Trumpets and Mike and I weren't going to be able to play plus we had 1 or 2 other guys who had class or work for the day the game was sceduled. So Jerad (team captain) emailed the Intramural Director and contacted the team we are playing against and there was one field open on Wednesday at 5:30 so we all get to play and strut our stuff :) I'm happy about that because I really wanted to play and see if we can turn things around with our offense. We played some two hand touch football at the Rec the other night and I got to be quarterback for a bit and I think I've got my throws practiced enough to where I want them. I just have to learn to take out all my nervous energy at the beginning of the game and play with the poise and calmness that I play with after the opening jitters are gone.

I think I've found what awesome Feast gifts I'm going to get for myself. I've been surfing online and I can't wait for Feast to come and all that great jazz. Well, I'm off to class because I intend to make it to Military History on time and NOT fall asleep during lecture. I'll write more later :)

1 Comments:

Blogger the annster said...

Im gon get get get it poppin

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home