Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Who's your daddy?

Today has been a pretty good day so far. I don't remember if I said in my previous post or not what I got on my Int'l Security test but I got a spiffy 98. Good thing for having the questions on WebCT and helping out an overwhelmed college student :) I got the score back from my Politics and Society test that I took on Thursday in which I felt that I completely bombed. The scores were up today on the board outside the classroom with our ID numbers next to the score and I couldn't believe what I got. I seriously felt that I was going to fail that test because of all the guessing I did due to the lack of reading every detail of the material covered in class. Much to my surprise I got an 84 and I was pretty happy about that, but the kicker was the little asterisk at the bottom of the page saying: *Add 6 points to your score*

So if I do my math correctly that would be 84+6=90=A :) Yay!!! I got an A on a horrendous test and I've got to thank the Man upstairs, the people who did really horribly on the test, and the people who didn't take the test at all. My military history prof says that you should always thank the people who never show up for class or the tests because since they take the F then that means our scores get bumped :) It's beautiful I tell you, beautiful.

I've talked to two of my professors about the fall Holy Days and so far they seem cool with it. I got my debate schedule changed because of Atonement, although I've got to do it by myself but I think I'll be ok. The cute Polish girl on the other side of the argument though said that "we're going to kill you..." :) As long as she keeps lookin' cute then that's all right by me ;) Ok, I don't know who will get this reference but if you know your tennis then you will. The Polish girl has a Sharapova look to her...not bad if I say so myself :)

I've got a take home test that is due tomorrow for American Military history. It shouldn't be too bad if I actually start working on it right now. I only have to answer 3 of the questions in essay form so it's not excruciating plus I talked to him last week and he doesn't want a term paper-like essay.

I'm torn though between doing that paper right now and working out and watching Gilmore Girls tonight. I'm also wanting to get paid already because finances are tight. The FBI is among the agencies coming tomorrow and they're always in the need for linguists so I'm going to read some more from their site so that when I talk to them I'll be able to ask some intelligent questions :) Seems like a plan then!

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh K said...

Whoo! Hope your debate goes well! ;)

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Desiree said...

I totally watched Gilmore Girls last night rather than reading 'Swann's Way' for the class I have tonight. I unfortunately neglected to work out, though.

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home