Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Week In Review...

Ok so I should really try to update my blog more than just once a week. I find it difficult because I want to but I'm not getting around to it though and then I have to post a massive summary of my week. So in that tradition here I go :)
Well this was one of those "I can't wait till this week is over because it is horrendous" kind of week. I had 2 tests this past week, one on Thursday and the other one of Friday. The Thursday test was on my Politics and Society class and I know it would have gone better if I had read everything I was supposed to read. We have two textbooks in that class, one focusing on a lot of theory and sociology/politics stuff and the other one is about taking sides on controversial U.S. political issues. I read most of the theory stuff but figured that I could get away with the pro/con side of the issues because since I kinda know what's going on with a lot of the issues I could make educated guesses on those questions. BIG MISTAKE I tell you! The questions were phrased in a very incomprehensible way so I was left to purely guess, hope for the best, and make it up the rest of the way with some hard work. I have a debate coming up in that class on the 11th of October and I'm going to make sure I do my best :)
So Friday's test was for my International Security class and a lot of us were worried because there was a good couple of hundred pages of reading and it was not easy to comprehend. We have review sessions every Wednesday for that class and our TA's told us to check out WebCT because since we're able to post questions and the answers that can be used for the test if they are good enough. So all during the review session the TA's kept recommending us to check WebCT because they were going to use some of the questions. On Thursday night I tried to do some of the readings for the test but just went to bed at about midnight, woke up at 5 and went to WebCT to basically memorize the questions and the answers. Since my test was at 9 I had a good solid 4 hours to read the questions over and over and try my best. So I went to take the test and I was very grateful that 90% of the questions in the test had been on WebCT. Word for word, nothing changed from the questions that had been posted so that was a gimme test to make sure the GPA stays up :) Yay for me and much thanks to the Man upstairs :)
To add to the week's stress and frustration was that we had our intramural flag football game on Thursday again. We felt pretty sure that we could win this game since we have a stout defense and our offense can explode when it wants to. On that note, we started the game on defense and I'm covering the guy on the outside and since the QB never throws to my side of the field I let my guy get behind me and much to my surprise the ball was thrown and my guy was for all intent and purposes wide open. The ball was overthrown and we dodged a bullet with my coverage but I hoped that the QB would be overconfident and I could bait him on throwing it again to my side. It worked because on the next play the ball was thrown to my guy on a post pattern and I was able to jump in front of him, tap it to myself and intercept it. It was my first interception and we got to play on offense and I was able to scramble and run for some yardage but I threw an interception, basically negating what we did on defense. That's how the game basically went. Our defense is stout, in 3 games we've only allowed 3 TD's but other than in the first game, our offense has yet to click consistently. It didn't help that I threw 3 INT's this game and our other QB threw a couple as well because there was basically no blocking from our blockers. I mean, as soon as the ball was snapped I had to get rid of the ball and it's not a good thing when you have the wind blowing against you and the ball just floats in the air. Bad combination. We had a couple of nice chances down the field on some deep throws but if there were a difference of a couple inches we would have had a couple of TD's. Oh well, we hope to practice this week and try to get some plays down and a basic understanding of what the blocking should be like just so we don't have to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. We need to win the next one so we can move on in our march for the championship. We've got the defense, we just need to score some points :)
I'm glad for weekends because I'm able to do nothing and be lazy for the most part until I got to work at 5. I get to miss the best games though but that's ok because at least I'm getting some $$$ for my trouble :) I should start writing for my take home test for my modern American military history class. It shouldn't be too hard since it's a take home exam and we have the whole weekend and a couple days because we turn it in on Wednesday. I don't think anything else has happened, although there's a Social Services career day on Wednesday and I saw that the FBI is going to be here. I know they are always in the need for linguists so I'm gonna check them out to see what they have to offer.

And the quest for what to do after college continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home