Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Monday, October 03, 2005

You hear that? Sounds like the Calvary's coming :)

It's almost sunset and that means it is about time to start observing the Feast of Trumpets. "That sounds like a lot of fun" as my British professor said when I was explaining to him why I would not be able to attend classes tomorrow. I don't think I could have described it any better myself :)
I received my Military History test that I turned in on Wednesday and I have to say that a 90 is not a bad way to start off in that class. Things seem to be afloat this semester so far, and I hope that is able to continue when I come back from the Feast and am not able to remember ANYTHING that I learned in class. I think I would have taken 4 tests out of 5 classes and if I am able to do well on Wednesday's test (Mexican History since Independence) then I would have an A in every test before taking off for the Ozarks. Not too shabby and since I've set the bar high for myself I hope I do not fall flat on my face.
My shoulder seems to be healed up after being sore since our first intramural football game, meaning I am locked and loaded to play well. It's down to one game elimination so if we win Wednesday then our next game is Thursday. First things first though and hopefully we'll do our best :)
I am really glad that the Feast of Tabernacles is only 2 weeks away. It seems like it's taken longer for this year's Feast to roll around and I know it's going to be a blur when it actually happens because it goes by so quickly. I had been waking up to Green Day's "Wake Me Up When September Ends" because I knew that once October hit, fall festival season! Oh yeah! It will be my first Feast since being baptized so I'm looking forward to that and maybe this is finally the year I put the right balance in terms of prayer, Bible Study, fellowshipping, sleeping, etc. while at the Feast. I think Gary made a great post about this a while ago, I don't think I commented on it but I think he was dead-on with some of his assessments. This is going to be an interesting Feast in a lot of ways, at least because of the people I know going to the Ozarks. There might be drama, there might not be (I hope for the latter) and there are some interesting subplots too. Oh boy, I'm just hoping all of that can be put aside and the focus can be on the right things :)
And just as important (at least to me, lol) is the fact that the New York Yankees became AL East Champions again in what can probably be described as their toughest year in the "Joe Torre Era." They showed their mettle and hopefully it will make for a long, playoff run including extracting revenge on the Boston Red Sox, reaching and winning the World Series. That would put the icing on the cake on a very hard-fought season and I would not mind celebrating like I did from 1996-2000 :) (And I get to check out baseball scores on my cell phone, yay!)
Other than the usual school/reading/work/feeling of being overwhelmed there hasn't been much going on. It's going I guess, I've been feeling a bit down for whatever reason but nothing major I don't think.
I hope you guys have a wonderful Feast of Trumpets and remember the incredible meaning it has, thus the purpose behind my subject line :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

It seems that the potential for drama is rampant this year. I already know the subplots an endings for several of the dramas unfolding in Clearwater, and... eh.

I'm definitely looking forward to taking this Feast as an opportunity to really focus on why we're there. It's not about meeting boys (or girls) or sight-seeing or eating fancy dinners. It's about the Kingdom, God, Christ, and living a Christian life. I can't wait!

Oh, and GO RED SOCKS!!!!!!!

6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home