Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Not the greatest day but...

Today was just one of those days that could have been either really awesome or just poopy. The reason I say that is because I had a test for my History of Mexico class and it was not one of the most confident test-taking experiences I've had since starting college. See I took a class with the same professor last semester and it was Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 hour and 20 minutes. That meant that when I took his essay tests I had plenty of time to write up a pretty good essay and not leave gaping holes in the arguments because of time constraints. This semester though, his class is MWF, meaning that it is only 50 minutes in length. So today when I took his test I knew as I was writing the essay which was 2/3 of the test that I was leaving huge gaping holes in my answer but since there was so much to write I couldn't get to everything like I wanted it to. I think I did well enough to pass but not as well as I've always done in his classes. Oh well, I guess I'll see how I did next week.
Today was the beginning of the flag football single elimination playoffs and I was pretty pumped about it. My shoulder was healed up, my lower back (which has been killin' me since camp) wasn't hurting too bad so I felt pretty good about playing well. The weather was completely nasty today, it had rained, it was cold (50's compared to high 70's yesterday), and very windy too (up to 35mph winds). In a sense, it was perfect normal football weather but horrendous flag football conditions. Our defense, which had been stout and dominating, sputtered and we allowed too many big plays. Guys were wide open down the field, blown coverage but it wasn't all our fault since none of us had any cleats and it was slippery. The other team's quarterback had cleats and ran around amock and we had no way of stopping him because he could make cuts on the field and we couldn't.
The other team scored first and made a 2 point conversion and we proceeded to score and not convert the 2 pointer. I think we stopped them on defense and then I got to quarterback and it was pretty fun...in the beginning. I got some nice runs for first downs, a couple short passes, and then I finally got a nice deep ball to our deep threat and we scored a touchdown. Then we ran a good ol' fashioned Nebraska option play on the 2 point conversion and I pitched it to Mike and he got in there. I think we led for all of like 5 minutes because our defense just sucked. It didn't help that in the second half I threw stupid interceptions because once again I try to do way too much with the football. And I did not like the fact that the other team would complain about something to the refs and then a flag would be thrown to satisfy their complaints. Stupid refs I tell you, cracking because the other team was complaining when we did get some good plays going. I was really hoping we could win so that we would play tomorrow and keep going but it just didn't happen for us. Oh well, I guess I'll have to start playing basketball again a couple of times during the week so that I get my good workout in.
So that's basically the rundown on the fake unimportant things in life. For a variety of reasons I've been feeling frustrated with myself, what I am trying to accomplish and what I want to be. I have an idea of what I want to do after I'm done with school, I'm one of the best at what I do and I think I can make an impact. No, I'm not trying to change the world or anything like that but I know that whatever I do end up doing I'm going to excel in it. Not because I'm cocky or because I have more talent but because I will work hard and God rewards those who work hard and put in the effort and also lean on Him. I'm just one of those people who overanalyze, think too much and that leads to worrying.
I've been told running is the cure for everything, maybe I should take up running because everything else I've tried hasn't worked, hehehe. I really should take up something though to take my thoughts away. Maybe a vacation to PR would do well, or some hanging out with my friends...ahhh, that's where the Feast would come in handy :) The great thing is that I'm leaving for Kansas City next Thursday!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh K said...

Running? Who have you been talking to?

9:32 AM

 
Blogger Annette said...

Running is the devil!

5:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!You're finally learning :) Running will fix all of your problems! or at least let you forget about them for the duration :) Hope things look better for you soon!

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home