Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Priceless

Stealing a cue from Annette's "Memory of the Moment" I had to quit my lackadaisical studying for this post. This memory is from earlier this week when I was talking to my Grandma on the phone and she mentioned how I should not be driving a lot because "la gasolina está cara." Gasolina is Spanish for gas and as she says this to me I can hear my Mom singing the chorus the Daddy Yankee's "Gasolina" in our typical pop culture/hip hop/reggaeton ways. I had always wondered where I got my uncanny ability to relate one word to a specific song or artist and after many years of wondering I have found out that it comes from my own MOTHER and GRANDMOTHER. Yep, two of the coolest ladies ever! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I can totally picture that happening... actually I'm pretty sure I've been witness to a similar Rompé experience :)

'only in Puerto Rico' :) ... or more specifically in the Martinez/Moran household ;)

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Cribbage? I've heard of it, but I thought it existed only in the days of yore. Is it big in the Midwest, or just in the Rankin household? My horizon has just been broadened.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Josh K said...

It's a decent game. I hardly ever play it, though.

10:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home