Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's inching closer...

The Feast is continually coming closer to its beginning and my trip to KC is happening even sooner. Even though Will Smith once said that "A Saturday night is a terrible thing to waste", here I am in my dorm room just looking for something to do. It's not like I have nothing to do either. I have a couple of essays for a Hispanic Scholarship Fund application that I need to mail before I leave for KC, I have a debate to prepare for on Tuesday, and there's also something called packing for the Feast. All of these are time consuming and I really have no idea where to start.
I sent most of my dress clothes to the dry cleaners on Friday. 13 dress shirts in all, 3 suit jackets, 5 dress pants. Let's just say that it is an expensive habit to take the dress clothes to get dry cleaned, pressed and ironed. I actually like to iron, I believe it is one of the ways to be productive while listening to some music, watching a game, a movie and you get a lot done. The thing is that after L4T, camp, and a couple of weddings my clothes needed the dry cleaners. I had a couple of coupons though so it's all good.
We had a good Sabbath here in Des Moines. We got to hear Mr. Meredith's "Endure With Faith" and it was a really good one. He talked about how things are speeding up (the 9/11 terrorists attacks, Katrina hurricane, and all the other things, etc) but I think he made an incredible point of what WE are supposed to be doing as individuals. Are WE making God and Christ the first priority in our lives? Are WE willing to pick up our cross and follow Him the entire way? It made an impact I tell you, one of those "messages that you need to hear at a certain time so as to not forget what your purpose in the Church is." It was good to hear and it was good to see everybody one last time before leaving for Atonement and the Feast.
I'm excited to say the least, I've even got some extra money (thanks to my incredible parents :)) Now the key is to make sure I invest in it wisely (I think the Fresh Prince DVDs and the Star Wars Clone Wars DVDs are included in that wise decision, lol).
I was going to post something about the Iraq War and what your opinions were on it but I think I'll leave that for later :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

We had that sermon a week or two ago. I wholeheartedly agree that it was one of those amazing, everyone needs to see and be inspired sermons. There are a few sermons that I feel like I should clap after because they're so moving...that was definitely one of them.

7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, that was a great sermon. Not a whole lot of his sermons I've felt were that good, but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, just wanted to say I hope you have a great atonement and a safe trip to the feast and I'll see you down there, take care bro.

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home