Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Friday, October 14, 2005

So much to do, so little time

I was hoping to have updated a couple of days ago but I have way too much to do and not enough time to get it all done. Atonement was very good for me here in Iowa, we had the new ministerial trainee Mr. Lovelady and his wife and kids come up to the middle of nowhere Iowa :)

It was funny to hear some of the kids say, "Only (insert here) hours until sunset!" I remember those days when I was counting down the time until I could finally chug about a gallon of water and then break the fast with our usual post-Atonement pizza. Hey Annette, it's great to see that I'm not the only one with the pizza tradition as a way to end Atonement :)

So after Church one of the Lovelady kids asked me if I had ever seen a liger. I cracked up laughing and asked him if he had seen Napoleon Dynamite because it is the only thing that you can reference that type of thing. He was about 7-8 years old and answered no but I still laughed because of the liger comment :) He also showed me some of his drawings and one of them was a bow (which I mistook for a taco :P) so I'm thinking somebody has to have referenced Napoleon to him because of the liger and bow comments. Too coincidental I tell ya!

So I think I am packed for the Feast. I started at about 9pm or something like that last night and I was talking to Jeremy in the middle of doing so. Since my plans to visit KC on Atonement went kapoot I had to call someone in the area to see if I could crash there on Friday night since I really want to get out of Iowa :) So at about 11pm I call Tiffani Millich and asked if it was possible for me to stay Friday night and Saturday night. She asked her parents and they said yes for Friday but since they're leaving Saturday night I couldn't. I have a place to stay Friday and I'm going to search online for a nice little hotel for me to stay in Saturday where I can have a miniturized bar :) Hey, it's the Feast I have to do something nice for myself. It'll actually be the first time being along in a hotel, oh well I'll probably catch up on some badly needed sleep :)

It's 4:15am and I still haven't gone to bed because I have scholarship essays to start and finish so I could send it in the mail tomorrow and I have to turn in something for my Pol S class as well because I forgot to turn it in on Tuesday. Procrastination is a killer I tell you. Actually I was planning on staying up late anyways because I was going to burn a couple of CD's since I was lacking on burning my extensive collection of music into road trip CDs. I've got 3 made so far: 2 acoustic cds, and one basically consisting of the best Usher and Frankie J songs. I want to make a reggaeton one, and hopefully a couple more acoustic ones while typing up my essay.

I think Jeremy said it best when I talked to him tonight. "You know Martin, we wait all year for the Feast and we make these awesome plans, but we wait until the last minute to pack and get everything done." I couldn't agree more :)

I hope everybody has a safe trip to and from the Feast (it's part of the awesomeness of the FOT) and most importantly, that you all have a wonderful and fruitful 2005 Feast of Tabernacle! And remember, keep it kosher ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home