Puerto Rican tales of kosherness, compassionate conservatism, the War on Terror and the calling.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Score one for a conservative

Today's been a pretty good day, I was a little bit anxious and nervous about a lot of things but it has shaped up to be a good one. I talked to my advisor and I am officially graduating next semester...freaky/scary/nervous thought come to think about it.
The good news is that I got my grade back from the "Should Immigration Be Restricted" debate and much to my surprise I got an A on it! I was shocked, surprised, happy, and thankful about the grade I got on it. I don't think I could have gotten a solid A on it but I got 49/50 on it and I was stoked! It pumped me up for sure because I don't think I did that good of a job on it but the professor liked it and the other students had positive comments on the debate. The prof staples her assessment of the debate along with the other students' comments and I came away impressed and humbled by what they said. They actually liked it! That's the surprising part of it but I will definitely take it ;)
I was actually worried about my grades slipping because it's been tough this semester. So much to do with so little time and my classes are basically the academic death penalty. I'm trying to survive though but it didn't help that I did awesome last semester and set the bar too high for myself, lol. I've been thinking that the way I ended last semester was the way I should have ended my college career but alas, I still had a year left. Oh well, I guess I'll keep chugging along with this...
I feel the need to blog about something relevant and important to me but I can't find the time. I have a take home test to write up by noon tomorrow for a class that I was not able to attend for 2 weeks, I have a 5 page preliminary research assignment to present about why I'm researching the British Empire due on Thursday, and I've got a test to make up for my Politics and Society class on Thursday as well. I can't wait for the weekend to come...

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

I took the pro-side in saying that I favor the US restricting immigration. I can post about it later and do an outline of the points I made during the debate.

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home